Notary by Video Conference Service now available. Changes are due to Governor Ige’s Executive Order 20-02, suspension of Chapter 456, HRS, notaries public and related administrative rules, to the extent necessary to suspend any requirement that would require close physical contact to accomplish notary functions.
Notary by Video Conference Guidelines
*** Notary by Video Conference session will be recorded, and the video will be submitted to the Attorney General Office in pursuant to executive order guidelines. ***
Items/equipment needed to comply with new Notary by Video Conference guidelines
- Computer with video camera and microphone, tablet, or smartphone with video conference capabilities (Microsoft Teams is used to conduct video conference.)
- Scanner or Fax Machine
- Valid government issued photo ID (Hawaii Drivers’ License, US Passport, etc.)
- Document that needs notarization
During the Notary by Video Conference, the member will need to complete the following:
- Click Here for MS Teams instructions.
- Show to camera government issued photo ID
- Show to camera the document being notarized
- Fax or scan document to notary staff person immediately after the video conference is completed. Document must be received on the same day as video conference.
- After document is received, the notary staff will notarize document and fax/scan document back to you.
- Print document for your records.
If you are not comfortable using video conference technology or not able to fax/scan documents, then you will need to schedule an in-person notary at your local division office. Click here for information to schedule your notary appointment.
*Note – not required* “The notary public may repeat notarization of the original signed document as of the date of execution provided the notary public receives such original signed document together with the electronically notarized copy within 60 days after the date of execution” (this is not required). Unavailable if notary staff is located on a different island.
Please contact below to schedule your appointment:
Kauai – 245-6751
Big Island – 935-6841
Oahu - email: email@example.com
Please let us know the following information when making appointment
- Member Name
- Type of document to be notarized
- Number of signatures required on the document
- Preferred date and time of appointment.
Notary appointments are available Monday – Friday from 8 am to 4 pm (excludes Holidays).
Please contact your island division office to schedule your appointment.