Which DOE Employees are Impacted by Requirement to Acquire NPI numbers?
August 06, 2019
During consultation with HGEA, the DOE provided the following list of employees who are required by the DOE to acquire National Provider Identifier (NPI) numbers and enroll with the State of Hawaii's Med-QUEST.
Impacted employees are those who are employed in the DOE and meet the following requirements:
- Licensed in any of the following fields of work:
- Audiologist (III & IV)
- Behavioral Health Specialist (V)
- Clinical Psychologist (V, VI, VII, VIII)
- Occupational Therapist (II through V)
- Physical Therapist (II through V)
- Registered Professional Nurse (II through VI)
- Speech Pathologists (III through V)
- While working in their licensed field of work, engages in:
- Diagnosing, or,
- Providing Direct Services to students who are Medicaid eligible or who may become eligible.
For details on the consultation, see your eBulletin dated 7.22.19 or contact the Member Service Center at (808) 543-0000.