Position: IT Specialist II
Vacancies: One (1)
Minimum Starting Pay: DOE
Job Reference Number: ITS0520
Application Deadline: May 29, 2020
Duties & Responsibilities:
Under the general supervision of the Information Technology Manager, this position independently designs and develops data resources systems and procedures involving the analysis and evaluation of data processing requirements and operating methods in the component areas while also performing duties in the three main Information Technology components: 1) Systems, 2) Networking, 3) Software DevelopmentUnder the general direction of the Deputy Executive Director for Field Services for functions related to field activities and the Deputy Executive Director for Administration for functions related to non-field programs, the Division Chief is accountable for the day-to-day operations of the neighbor island division including overall responsibility for all island division programs, fiscal operations, and building management. This position also plans, develops and recommends new programs for the division and implements such programs upon approval. As the overall manager of the island division, this position must be available to work flexible hours, respond appropriately to member complaints, ensure that contract and program deadlines are met, and handle all unforeseen operational matters requiring effective decision-making and communication skills in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for responding to requests and tickets generated by end-users and performing stop procedures, troubleshooting, diagnosing causes for interruptions in processing, and creating and distributing job reports and labels as requested by staff.
- Maintains system and ticketing logs, including documentation of equipment operations, problems and system malfunctions.
- Prepares computer systems for operation by performing initialization and booting operations; load utility programs.
- Prepares and maintains procedural support manuals; provides support of standard computer workstations and standard integrated office products (deployment, installation, version upgrades); and provides staff with training and assistance on various computer related systems and programs.
- Keeps abreast of current developments in the field of information technology; participates in the development of new system techniques to improve efficiency and to meet operational demands to improve the quality of Information Technology services ensuring cost effective solutions are implemented.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four (4) year college or university in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field and two (2) years of progressively responsible professional work experience in the field of information technology; or a combination of education and experience may be substituted as approved by the Executive Director.
- Considerable working knowledge and understanding of the installation, maintenance, and repairing of PC hardware and Windows software; Microsoft Office Suite technologies, and basic networking.
- Working knowledge of networking printers, Microsoft Windows XP and higher, Microsoft Windows Server 2000 and higher, Windows Domain basics, Cisco networking technology basics, VoIP telephony technology basics, VMWare basics and FTP procedures and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures in the administration, organization and management of information technology.
- Demonstrated ability to research, understand and perform statistical method and techniques; and gather, analyze, correlate and evaluate facts to make sound judgments.
- Demonstrated ability to operate and control various networked computers.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal staff and external constituents, including but not limited to, members, manufacturers’ representatives, operating officials, vendors, clients and consultants.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service to both internal staff and external members and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and cohesively in a team.
- Demonstrated ability to write and speak effectively, presenting ideas with clarity and effectively speaking to individuals and in small group settings.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds without assistance.
- Ability to independently travel to and from various locations and have a reliable personal vehicle to transport company property.
- License: Valid Hawaii Drivers’ License and reliable personal vehicle to use for work.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying, please read the duties and responsibilities and minimum qualifications stated above and submit a completed application form with job reference number to the Human Resources Office. Please download the application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download Application Form (Note: Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat Reader)