Unit 13 Director
Why are you running for office?
I would like to continue to serve my fellow members. In this post-Janus world, we need strong leaders who will FIGHT TOGETHER FOR ALL of us as the Employer relentlessly strips away our rights and benefits. I humbly request your vote for Unit 13 Director to be your advocate.
What are your goals?
In addition to making decisions that affect our future as a union, I want member voices to be heard. Membership is slipping because people don’t value HGEA. I hope to change their perception, as well as register new members to get more people active. Our strength is in our numbers!
- State Board Unit 13 Director (2013-2017)
- Negotiations Committee (2013-2017, 2017-2019, current)
- Unit 13 Board of Directors (2009-present)
- State Recreational Committee Chair 2015-2017
- Shop Steward since 2008, General Assembly Delegate 2010, 2012, 2014, 2018
- AFSCME Study Tour Washington D.C. 2011
- AFSCME Convention Delegate 2014, 2016
- Hawaii Academy of Science Pacific Symposium for Science and Sustainability Director 2012-2018, Head Judge 2019
- National Korean American Service and Education Consortium Board Director since 2013, Treasurer since 2018
- Ph.D., Northwestern (2008), B.S. Miami (1997)