Unit 13 Director
Why are you running for office?
I am running for Unit 13 Board of Director during this difficult time when labor unions are under attack all over the country. I will increase union membership and encourage HGEA union members to get involved in the union activities, and serve as board and union spokesperson at unit meetings.
What are your goals?
Increase at least 9% union membership (those state employees who didn’t fill out union membership forms). May serve as board committee member to the union standing and special committees.
- Master Degree in Public Health (MPH) from University of Connecticut
- Working as Public Health Educator in the State Department of Health, Tobacco Prevention and Education Program
- 12 years of work experience in the civil service
- Serving as an active Unit 13 union steward since 2005
- Representing Unit 13 members of DOH since 2005